April 8, 2010 6:30PM Adams Media Center
ATTENDEES: Kimberly White, Darcy Hanson, Ric Gillson, Jeremy Tammi, Amy Sullivan, Ben Butzer, Susie Griffith, Sara Smith, Ingrid Loney, Joan Nunemaker, Adrienne Shrunk, Marci Bydlon
CALL TO ORDER and WELCOME: Kimberly W. called the meeting to order at 6:35PM. Ben took the minutes.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Motion, Second, Carried
APPROVAL OF April 8, 2010 MINUTES: MSC
TREASURER'S REPORT: $2,803 final payout for Staff Needs and resources for a total of $3,414 paid out this year. The last large payout will be $2,000 for the Nature trail Environmental Ed.
APPROVAL OF TREASURER'S REPORT: MSC
GUEST SPEAKER: Marci Bydlon - Phy Ed Teacher speaking about the Track and Field day planned for May 27.
• Track and Field day will involve all grades except Kindergarten. There will be 9 individual events: 5 running and 4 throwing. There will be 5 team events in the afternoon. Students will be assigned to teams
• There will be a special lunch schedule. You can have lunch with your student.
• A flyer will be going home for the "Jump for Heart" fundraiser sponsored by the American Heart Association (http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=2360)
• Teachers will be assigned to specific events and classes will move from event to event. Each event is expected to last 20 minutes, and if the students do not make it to the next event, they will miss out.
• We need 44 volunteers, and have 18 so far.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR REPORT: Adrienne Schrunk
• Worked on turning over volunteer jobs and chairs, have documented the jobs, which also makes it easier to track the volunteer hours
• This week was staff appreciation. The parent group supplies the treats. There were lots of goodies, and Jennifer Artman did a great job putting it together
• Volunteer appreciation will be May 19. We have the grill for the cookout in the third week of April. We need RSVPs by May 18.
• New 6 digit PINS for lunch are being distributed to students. The new PIN will be good for the student's whole career at Anoka Hennepin Schools.
• In April, volunteers hung up classroom art in the hall and helped with testing
• Mrs. Anderson, former teacher and Annette Shepard, former PAC parent will present the Adams PAC scholarships at Coon Rapids High School on June 2.
• Attended the LO Jacob school open house
PRINCIPAL'S REPORT: Jeremy Tammi
• There are 473 students
• April 12, Mr. Tammi was at the L.O. Jacob PAC meeting. He also talked to incoming students from L.O. Jacob on May 25th. They will tour Adams on June 2nd.
• The MAPs scores will be arriving soon
• May 10,11, and 12 Climb theater to present the "Acceptance of Differences" to classrooms.
• May 17, Congressman Erik Paulsen (http://paulsen.house.gov/) will visit Adams and will read a story to Mrs. Wierman's class.
• Mr. Keran received the TOP (Teacher outstanding performance) award.
• Thanks to the parent volunteers who put together the staff recognition week festivities
• K - 5 teacher proposed staffing changes for 2010-2011
K: Carrie Schule from Hoover Elementary will join Mrs. Beseman and Mrs, Kolb as a teacher for a 5th Kindergarten section
1: Mrs Mathieu will move from 3rd to 1st and join current teachers Mrs. Holm, Mrs. Hatch, and Mrs. Gillson.
2: The current 4 sections will keep the same teachers: Mrs. Wierman, Mrs. Olson, Mrs. Zimmerman, and Ms. Layne.
3: Mrs. Brunig and Mrs. Genser will be joined by Mrs. Barb Peterson from Washington and Mrs. Shawna Feist from Hoover.
4: Mr. Gillson, Mrs Campbell, and Mr. Simonson will continue with the three sections
5: Mr. Keran and Ms Carney will be joined by Mr. Reed moving from Media.
Adams will go from a .65 size school to a .7-.75. This means that the other staffing positions, including media, specials, Title, will be adjusted along with all the other schools in the district.
2010-2011 PAC Officers: Darcy Hanson will transition to the role of President per the PAC bylaws. Votes were cast and counted. Susie Griffith will be the Vice President for 2010-2011, and therefore the president in 2011-2012. Lisa Meek and Amy Sullivan will be co-treasurers Ben Butzer will be Secretary. The gavel will pass from Kimberly White to Darcy Hanson at the June meeting.
PUBLIC RELATIONS: In the Anoka Hennepin Spring Focus Newsletter Mr. Gillson was on the front page for his tech award and Mr. Keran was on page 6 for his Teacher Outstanding Performance Award. (http://www.anoka.k12.mn.us/education/components/docmgr/default.php?sectiondetailid=233661&fileitem=76229&catfilter=11696)
• 2011 Spring fundraiser: Darcy has volunteered to run it: (http://heggiespizza.com)
• Book swap: need volunteers, tentatively planning for last Tuesday before school lets out. Monday K students can swap on Monday afternoon. Looking for advanced books for 7th and higher levels as the books brought in are typically younger grade levels.
• May 20th - Outdoor cookout
• May 19th - Volunteer appreciation (RSVP by the 18th)
• May 27th - Track and Field
ADJOURNMENT: 8:20pm MSC
Next Meeting: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 6:30PM Adams Media Center - Treats: Mr. Tammi