ADAMS PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
December 6, 2007
Attendees: David K, James W, Sandy G, Bill & Kim K, Barb D, Darcy H, Adrienne S, Ben B, Cathy M, Libby.
WELCOME AND CALL TO ORDER Cathy called the meeting to order at 7:04PM
APPROVAL OF AGENDA: MSC
APPROVAL OF November 1, 2007 MINUTES: MSC
TREASURER’S REPORT: Kim and Barb: Paid out Environmental Ed, Innisbrook, and Spirit Wear. Income from Northtown event ($2000). MSC
SPECAIL REQUEST: CR Soccer group asked to use some of our Carnival games for a January event. After discussion, PAC decided NO.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR REPORT: ADRIENNE S
• Turkey Olympics: Very successful!
• KOS: last Saturday. AHEF sold over $5000.
• Many take home projects this last month.
• Mr. Reed: set up in Library all the AR books purchased through PAC money. Adams now has 8945 AR titles.
• TOP Award deadline was December 7
• Fuddruckers: A parent has volunteered to lead caroling. Cash Value Card will be used. (Cashvaluecard.com)
• Barnes & Nobles: December 14; no teachers to read books this year.
• Books for Bango: December 21.
• Title I Parents: an advisory group is trying to form.
• Adams custodian is retiring December 31.
GUEST SPEAKER: TAMMY SCHMITZ (PARENT INVOLVEMENT)
• Tammy gave advice and suggestions based on questions from PAC. She also said she can archive important PAC documents.
PROGRAMS: Ben B. Officer Berglund for February. Will try to contact Laurie Ebels for January.
PUBLIC RELATIONS: Dave K. No report.
FINANCE REPORT: No report.
PRINCIPAL’S REPORT: LIBBY W
• Judy M (secretary) retired.
• 474 students at Adams.
• KIP up and running. Half of the Kindergarteners in program.
• New ESL teacher hired.
• Work to Rule: parents should not see any difference in classroom.
• Math Advantage: toward goal of improving Math sense. Starting in 3rd Grade.
• Arts & Academics: February 11-14.
• Math Club: after school, with one group starting at a local Apartment complex.
• Mid-Month Memo: would like it to be a whole school memo; PAC can write a section for each memo.
• STEM Fair: need judges; January 12, 2007. Contact Dave K for more info.
ADJOURNMENT: MSC 8:42 PM
***Next Meeting: January 10, 2007***
***Treats provided in January by Dave K***