When an interpreter is needed to communicate with a family, use the Language Line in the following way:
1. Dial 9, then 1-800-874-9426
2. Enter the 6-digit Client ID number: ******
3. For "Spanish" press "1," for all other languages press "2" and follow instructions.
4. An interpreter will come on the line and ask for your school's personal access code: _______ .
5. Give the interpreter background on your situation - who you are, why you are calling, with a return phone number. In case you have to leave a message, ask interpreter to share this information as a voice message.
NOTE: DO NOT GIVE THE INTERPRETER THE PHONE NUMBER OF THE PERSON YOU ARE CALLING unless you are unable to place a three-way call from your phone.
7. Now press CONFERENCE OR LINK OR FLASH Button on your phone.
8. Listen for the dial tone, and dial 9 followed by the family's phone number.
9. When the family or voice message answers, press CONFERENCE, LINK or FLASH again on your phone to connect the interpreter to the 3-way-call.
10. Repeat to add more numbers (up to 6), then talk.
11. Conduct the conference.
12. When finished discussing, say "end the call" to the interpreter.