The Champlin Park Library Media Center (LMC) includes forty computers that offer students a variety of software applications and a plethora of online databases to assist the learning community. The LMC houses one large classroom, a Career Center, one meeting room, a video editing suite, and a full service video studio where kids produce a daily TV show called the Rebel Report.
The LMC is open each day from 7:15am till 2:45pm for student and staff use of computer and resource books.
Library Media Center Staff
- Terri Evans - Library Media Specialist
- Kathy Koperski - Para-educator
- Julie Maresh - Para-educator
- Doug Swenson - Technology Para-educator
- Kim Wehlage - Technology Para-educator
- Jim Ruid - Technology Teacher
Library Media Center Resources
- 40 computer stations
- 40,000 print and non-print resources (books: reference, fiction and non-fiction; VHS; DVD; CD)
- 4 hard-copy newspapers (Minneapolis Star Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press, Anoka County Union, Champlin-Dayton Press) and many online newspapers
- 20 hard-copy magazines (such as Consumer Reports, Motorcyclyist, Essence, Hmoobteen, Minnesota Sportsman, Hispanic, PC World, Sports Illustrated, Teen People, and many others)
- Books and other resources can generally be checked out for three weeks. The due date is always stamped in the back of the book.
- After three weeks, students must either turn in or renew their library materials.
- Students with overdue library materials will receive notices on Wednesdays during Advisement. Students with overdue materials will not be allowed to travel during advisement, nor will they be allowed to check out any additional books.