We are pleased to announce School Board meetings will be viewable live on the district Web site. School Board meetings are being moved permanently to the Sandburg Education Center, 1902 Second Ave., Anoka. To go directly to the Anoka-Hennepin School Board's Web page click here.
School Board approves 2013-14 school year schedule
The Anoka-Hennepin School Board approved the 2013-14 school year schedule at its Jan. 14 meeting. A resolution was passed to hold school on two federal holidays, Columbus Day and Veterans Day.
The school year begins Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013 and ends Wednesday, June 11, 2014. School breaks are scheduled for:
• Monday, Oct. 7, elementary students only, for conferences.
• Wednesday, Oct. 16 through Friday, Oct. 18 for a staff development day and the Education Minnesota conference.
• Wednesday, Nov. 27 through Friday, Nov. 29 for a parent/teacher conference conversion day and Thanksgiving.
• Monday, Dec. 2 for staff planning.
• Monday, Dec. 23 through Friday, Jan. 3 for winter break.
• Monday, Jan. 20 for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
• Monday, Feb. 17 and Tuesday, Feb. 18 for the Presidents' Day holiday and a staff development day.
• Monday, March 10 through Monday, March 17 for spring break and a staff planning day.
• Friday, April 18 and Monday, April 21 for the Easter holiday and a staff development day.
• Monday, May 26 for Memorial Day.
Please note: Electronic PDF copies of calendars are typically available to download sometime in late March or early April at: www.anoka.k12.mn.us/calendars.
It's simple to watch Anoka-Hennepin School Board meetings on the Web:
1.) Go to the School Board main page: www.anoka.k12.mn.us/schoolboard (or click on the image above).
2.) Make sure you have Microsoft Silverlight installed -- a link to Silverlight will tell you if it's installed or not. That link is available in the lower right corner of the School Board page.
3.) Once you know Silverlight is installed, click on "Board meeting Web streaming" in the lower right section of the School Board page.
4.) Find the date of the meeting you want and click "Video" to start watching.
This service has helpful features such as video archive of board meetings and agendas with clickable items that will take you directly to those points in the meeting.