Anoka-Hennepin high school students shall abide by the 1989 Procedures for Administration of Medicines. The following are exceptions:
- High school students shall be allowed to carry inhalers to be used to relieve asthma symptoms (example, Albuterol)
- Parent request forms must be completed, including permission for students to self-administer
- If the high school student takes two puffs (one dose = two puffs) and has no relief or respiratory distress - they must seek assistance in Health Service
- The inhaler may be used ONLY by the student for whom it is prescribed
- High school students will not be allowed to carry ANY other prescription medication
- High school students are permitted to carry a maximum of two doses of over the counter medication for self-administration to relieve symptoms of minor pain, cramps, indigestion, and headache. It must be in the original container.
- This policy DOES NOT ALLOW high school students to carry over the counter stimulants used to stay awake as NoDoz, Vivarin, Ephedrine, and caffeine.