|Considerations for Transition|
Considerations for Transition
Your senior may be eligible to attend transition programming when leaving high school if there are identified transition needs in their IEP. You are encouraged to consider the following questions:
1. Does my senior understand how his/her disability may impact his/her future?
2. Does my senior still have transition needs regardless of the number of credits earned?
3. Does my senior have the skills to become an independent adult?
4. Does my senior know how to use community resources he/she may need in the future?
5. Does my senior understand how social skills and/or emotional health impact success in the adult world?
6. Does my senior have a realistic career or employment plan?
7. Does my senior have the skills to independently find employment?
8. Is it realistic for my senior to attend a college or a vocational training program?
If you answered "no" to any of the above questions, you and your senior could talk to your senior's case manager to discuss transition programs available in District #11.