The Anoka-Hennepin School Board approved the calendar for the 2012-2013 school year. The 2012-13 year begins after Labor Day on September 4th and the final day is June 6th. Winter break starts on Monday, December 24th and runs through January 1st, with school resuming on January 2nd, 2013. Spring break is March 8th to March 15th, with school resuming on March 18th. Please note that parent-teacher conference days and times are scheduled individually by each school. Key dates for students are listed below. Click here for more District Calendars from the official Anoka-Hennepin web site.
Sept. 3 . . . . . . Labor Day, School District closed
Sept. 4 . . . . . . School Opens
Oct. 6 . . . . . . 1st-5th Staff Development, no 1-5 students
Oct. 17 . . . . . . Staff Development, no Gr 1-12 students
Oct. 18-19 . . . Teachers' Convention, no school
Nov. 21 . . . . . . Gr 1-12 P/T conference conversion day, no Gr 1-12 students
Nov. 22-23 . . . . Thanksgiving break, School District closed
Nov 30 . . . . . . End of Trimester 1
Dec. 3 . . . . . . Gr 1-12 Staff Planning; no Gr 1-12 students
Dec. 24 . . . . . .Jan. 1st - Winter break, no school
Dec. 24 & 25 . . .School District closed
Jan. 1 . . . . . . . School District closed
Jan. 2. . . . . . School resumes
Jan. 21 . . . . . Martin Luther King's Birthday, no school
Feb. 18 . . . . . President's Day, School District closed
Feb. 19. . . . . Staff Development Day
March 7 . . . . End of Trimester II
March 8 . . . . Staff Planning, no Gr 1-12
March 11-15 . . . .Spring break, no school
March 15 . . . . . . School District Closed
March 18 . . . . . School resumes
March 29 . . . . . School District closed
May 27 . . . . . . Memorial Day, School District closed
June 6 . . . . . . . .End of Trimester III
June 7 . . . . . . Staff Planning, no students
School Board approves 2013-14 school year schedule
The Anoka-Hennepin School Board approved the 2013-14 school year schedule at its Jan. 14 meeting. A resolution was passed to hold school on two federal holidays, Columbus Day and Veterans Day.
The school year begins Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013 and ends Wednesday, June 11, 2014. School breaks are scheduled for:
· Monday, Oct. 7, elementary students only, for conferences.
· Wednesday, Oct. 16 through Friday, Oct. 18 for a staff development day and the Education Minnesota conference.
· Wednesday, Nov. 27 through Friday, Nov. 29 for a parent/teacher conference conversion day and Thanksgiving.
· Monday, Dec. 2 for staff planning.
· Monday, Dec. 23 through Friday, Jan. 3 for winter break.
· Monday, Jan. 20 for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
· Monday, Feb. 17 and Tuesday, Feb. 18 for the Presidents' Day holiday and a staff development day.
· Monday, March 10 through Monday, March 17 for spring break and a staff planning day.
· Friday, April 18 and Monday, April 21 for the Easter holiday and a staff development day.
· Monday, May 26 for Memorial Day.
Please note: Electronic PDF copies of calendars are typically available to download sometime in late March or early April at: www.anoka.k12.mn.us/calendars.