Tips for being successful!
Some helpful hints for students and adults:
Work logs should go home and be looked at every night. Students should develop a system for identifying homework assignments.
- Students should have a folder and notebook for each class they attend. This folder should be routinely cleaned out of everything no longer needed.
- Label each folder and notebook with the name of the class.
- Bring graded assignments home, unless otherwise told, in order to keep folders clutter free and to show the adults at home how you are doing.
- Keep lockers clean and organized. This does not happen by itself, wouldn't that be nice! You will need to take some of your own time to routinely organize you materials. Take things home, your locker is not meant to be your personal storage locker.
- Students need to be responsible for writing their assignments in their work logs everyday for each class. Adults at home are responsible for checking their child's work log each evening. Make it a habit!
- It is helpful to identify homework in the work log. I suggest that students highlight their homework assignments in their work logs so they can easily identify assignments and take the necessary materials home when they are dismissed from school.
- The work log is a great form of communication between school and home. Adults should be checking their student's planner to make sure they are completing their assignments on time.
- AHConnect is your personal view into the teacher's gradebook for only your child's records. Wow! You can check on their progress every week.