Learn About AHEF
What is AHEF? Anoka-Hennepin Educational Foundation Created in 1990 as a 501C3, non-profit corporation, AHEF’s mission is to seek resources to support and enrich educational opportunities for Anoka-Hennepin students in partnership with the community of District #11. AHEF work s to support all 44 plus school sites in the Anoka-Hennepin Independent School District. As legislation continues to provide for only basic instructional needs through K-12 funding, the need for funds from the foundation have increased tremendously. Money raised is used for student participation fees in activities and academic opportunities, talent development opportunities, and various school goals and programs. Grants are awarded to support authors and artists in residence, science fairs, student retreats, science enrichment programs, Destination Imagination, and much, much more.
You can help create opportunities for students You can help by supporting AHEF through the following:
• Purchase certificates/scrip from AHEF, representing about 60 local businesses, and use the scrip in your purchases. It’s easy.
• Donations to AHEF and/or the Chance Fund at AHEF.
• Join in on-going events such as Bill Gallagher 5K Run/Walk for Literacy, the Northern Stars Ball, the golf tournament, and special one time events.
• Encourage excellence in teaching by nominating teachers for the Teacher Outstanding Performance (TOP) awards yearly.
• Help us renew the districts outdated media collections in schools through the Book Buddy program.
For more information please click here to visit the AHEF website.