-Northdale Middle School Renaissance
What is Renaissance?
Renaissance is an approach to education that encourages students to excel in academics, demonstrate positive behavior and achieve their goals. It recognizes educators as valued professionals and increases involvement of parents and businesses.
Renaissance not only recognizes those who do well and those who improve, but also those who need encouragement. Everyone needs to be recognized.
The 4 P's.....
* Performance * Promotion * Partnership * Passion
The 5 R's.....
*Respect *Recognize *Reward *Reinforce *Results
The Power of Renaissance
* Increase academic achievement - increase test scores and GPA
* Improve attendance
* Promote student responsibility
* Develop appropriate behaviors for success
* Enhance Staff morale
* Create a positive and safe environment
What do students gain from Renaissance?
* Pride in accomplishments
* Success in reaching their personal and academic goals
* Great incentives and rewards
Who can Participate?
* Non-profit organizations
Why become a "Friend of Renaissance"?
* Help invest in tomorrow's leaders through encouragement
* Demonstrate that you care about our students and gain recognition for your contributions
* As a new Renaissance school, we are currently seeking partners to add to our Program.
How can "Friends of Renaissance" help?
* Financial contributions to support the cost of incentives & rewards
* Donate merchandise, certificates, or discounts to use as incentives
* Volunteer your time
A Message from the Principal
As we embark upon the new school year, students, parents and faculty experience a time to set expectations and goals. This experience allows us to undergo a renaissance - a rebirth, renewal and reawakening. I challenge our students, staff and learning community to join together to support NMS's Renaissance goals. I hope you will consider joining our team to help our students be the best they can be!!
Laurie Jacklitch, Principal
Phone: (763) 506-5401
11301 Dogwood St. NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55448
Fax: (763) 506 - 5403